Contact Us, Webmaster: Jerry_Lucas @ msn.com
On Wild Horse Mesa, visit the
Wild Horse Mesa Community Center
Wild Horse Mesa Community Service Cooperative
18208 Wild Horse Dr
San Luis, CO 81152
Community Center/Library 38×49 ft, (1,862 sq ft) + Fire department 63×49 ft, (3,087 sq ft)
Total 101×49 ft, (4,949 sq ft), Land 1.11 acres (48,350 sq ft)
Elevation: 8696 feet, GPS Coordinates: 37 05 260 N, 105 26 354 W
Parcel #71228190, Section G Block 79A Parcel 49
Special purpose single-story commercial building, built in 2007, sheet metal, 18-feet high, 300-foot perimeter, electric wall heat
The ownership of the community center/library/fire department land and building has changed over the years:
2003-12-10 to 2006-10-25 San Pedro Mesa Volunteer Fire Department (formed 2004-01-30)
2006-10-25 to 2010-02-01 Wild Horse Mesa Volunteer Fire Department (name changed 2006-06-29) (delinquent filing 2010-02-01)
2010-02-01 to 2010-12-23 Wild Horse Mesa Community Service Cooperative
2010-12-23 to 2013-12-30 Melby Ranch Properties, LLC
2013-12-30 to 2014-02-24 Melby Ranch Community Center, Inc (not for profit)
2014-02-24 to present Melby Ranch Properties, LLC
Wild Horse Mesa Subdivision Unit Map
Directions to Wild Horse Mesa from San Luis
(This is a shortcut from San Luis when arriving from the north. The west entrance to the mesa is at the entrance to the Melby Ranch field office on Highway 159, about 12 miles south of San Luis, and about 7 miles north of the New Mexico border. Look for the Wild Horse Mesa sign.)
See map below.
1. In San Luis, proceed to the east on either road P.6 (south of Phillips 66 gas station) or Gasper Road (south of the Courthouse).
2. Proceed 2.5 miles to the stop sign at the intersection with Road 21.
3. Turn right and proceed 1.3 miles to the Detour sign.
4. Turn right on Road L.5 and follow about 1.4 miles to the first road to the left (Mesa Drive East).
5. Turn left on Mesa Drive East and proceed up the mesa about 6 miles to the T intersection with Wild Horse Drive.
6. Turn left on Wild Horse Drive and proceed about 1 mile. The Community Center/Fire Department building (see photo above) is at 18208 Wild Horse Drive, at the intersection with Alta Mesa Drive.
7. Total distance from San Luis, about 12 miles.
Enjoy the drive and the scenery. Watch out for the wildlife. Please drive safely.
Maps: County road maps and subdivision plat maps are available from Costilla County Planning and Zoning at 400 Gaspar St., San Luis.
Contact us Jerry_Lucas @ msn.com